The trial of FB&H Prime Minister Fadil Novalić and other indictees in the "Ventilators" affair for the purchase of 100 ventilators worth 10,530,000 KM, imported from China for the needs of the Federal Civil Protection Administration by the company "Srebrena malina", continued today in the Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina with the presentation of material evidence.
Apart from Novalić, the suspended director of the Federal Administration of Civil Protection Fahrudin Solak, the Minister of Finance of the Federation of B&H (FB&H) Jelka Milićević and the owner of the company "Srebrena malina" Fikret Hodžić are accused of the disputed purchase of ventilators.
Novalić, Solak and Hodžić are charged with conspiracy to commit criminal offenses related to acts of abuse of position or authority, receiving a reward or other form of benefit for trading in influence.
The indictment also charges them with money laundering, falsification or destruction of business or trade books or documents, falsification of official documents and violation of the obligation to keep trade or business books and compile financial reports and their falsification or destruction.
Milićević is accused of negligent work in the service.
Prosecutor Džermin Pašić, among many of the defendants' correspondence, presented the messages that Hodžić exchanged with Naser Orić.
- Fadil is killing us- Hodžić writes, to which Orić replies:
- Read "Avaz", he is crazy.
Hodžić then wrote:
- I can nail Fadil with one piece of paper.
He also singled out the one message from March 18th last year, when the Secretary General of the Government of the Federation of B&H, Edita Kalajdžić, wrote to Novalić:
- Boss, talk with Sebija (Op. cit. Director of the Clinical Center of the University of Sarajevo Sebija Izetbegović) regarding the prices of ventilators ". Prosecutor Pašić again presented the message sent by Edvin Kučuković, in which he warns that the purchased ventilators are not for human treatment. Pašić also presented that the accused sent pre-invoices for respirators, not invoices. The defense objected, saying it was an integral part of the business.
Prosecutor Pašić emphasized on several occasions that certain messages were deleted during the communication. In one correspondence, Novalić writes "delete messages".
Affair became public
In one message, which arose after the "Ventilators" affair leaked to the media, Novalić wrote "that Jelka cannot do all kinds of things and remain innocent".
- She also made these decisions, she can stop them as loan rate for "Energoinvest" last year - it is stated in the message.
In earlier messages, Edita Kalajdžić warned Novalić.
- Boss, this contract should be terminated immediately and a refund requested.
Novalić answers her:
- I've had enough for today, baby. How are we going to cancel the contract, when the money went to China.
The next hearing is scheduled
The communication between Hodžić and the person named Asim, which was previously assumed to be SDA official Asim Sarajlić, was also pointed out. Hodžić wrote to Sarajlić in a message: "Fadil screwed up the whole thing, he is the most responsible."
The next hearing is scheduled for July 30.