After the HJPC made the decision to dismiss the Chief State Prosecutor Gordana Tadić by a majority of votes, the President of the HJPC, Halil Lagumdžija, addressed the press.
- After the debate was over and the voting was done, I announced the result. In the disciplinary case against former Chief Prosecutor Tadić, she was transferred to the position of Prosecutor of the Prosecutor's Office of B&H. The first instance decision was confirmed. Six council members were in favor, 5 against and one abstained. I gave an order to the Appointments Department to get in touch with the Deputy Chief Prosecutors as they are the only option for the position of Acting Chief Prosecutor of the Prosecutor's Office of B&H - Lagumdžija explained.
He added that whoever declares that he wants will go further in the procedure.
- They will be invited to submit their CV as soon as possible, and we will accept all possible information from our departments. Well then we will propose a candidate. We should have a proposal by the end of the day. If it does not happen that our proposal does not get the required majority, everyone will vote - Lagumdžija pointed out.
When asked by journalists, Lagumdžija said that he would not comment on what ruled in favor of such a decision.
- The procedure is known when it comes to the appointment of the acting the Chief Prosecutor of the Prosecutor's Office of B&H, and that is because the Prosecutor's Office of B&H cannot function without the Chief Prosecutor - Lagumdžija emphasized.
According to him, the decision on the acting Chief State Prosecutor will be enacted today.
- Željka Radović will not be exempted during the election of the acting president, there is no reason for that. There is no more conflicts of interest. Her daughter works in the Prosecutor's Office of B&H and we cannot go so broadly with exceptions - Lagumdžija explained.
According to him, Tadić was charged with committing managerial offenses.
- She did not use the TCMS case assignment system. It is indicative that another chief prosecutor has been dismissed. We will try to choose the best candidate. The panel asked to investigate whether there were other chief prosecutors who acted like Tadić. I think we will come out with new information soon - Lagumdžija explained.
Speaking about the revised strategy for war crimes, Lagumdžija said that we are losing the battle with time.
- The pandemic has set us back. It is clear what is happening, the supervisory body does not exist. We have taken over the role of the supervisory body in the part where the law allows it - Lagumdžija pointed out.
He added that he hopes that the change in the head of the Prosecutor's Office of B&H will improve the work.
- The competition procedure is underway and I hope that we will soon get a new chief prosecutor. We have insufficient quality and efficiency, especially when it comes to corruption and organized crime - said Lagumdžija.
According to him, answering the question about the election of the current composition of the HJPC, the system cannot and must not be blocked.
Speaking about the second-instance decision in the disciplinary procedure against the President of the Court of B&H, Ranko Debevac, Lagumdžija said that the publication of that decision was disputable because the public was partially excluded in the procedure.